A Proud Day for James and Other Stories is a US VHS/DVD featuring three first season episodes, two second season episodes narrated by Ringo Starr and two third season episodes narrated by George Carlin. The DVD also featured one song.
All Aboard! Meet Thomas's Best engine Friend, James the Red splendid engine on sodor, Help James pull the express for Sir Topham Hatt's Railway. Yuck! Gordon got stuck in the ditch during every Monday, You surrender Thomas has been breaking his rules from the Police man, Who's Grumpy now? It's Bulgy the Bus, Who's a Good Diesel? It's Mavis. Hop on Board with Thomas and James on the Island of Sodor.
- A Proud Day for James
- The Runaway
- Gordon Takes a Dip
- Thomas Breaks the Rules
- Edward's Exploit
- Let's Have a Race (DVD Only)
Bonus Features Edit
- Character Gallery
- Really Useful Engines game
- The song Let's Have a Race is released on the "A Proud Day for James Songs" with "Thomas's Anthem", "Harold the Helicopter", "Every Cloud has a Silver Linging".
- At the beginning, it has the Thomas 2002 trailer.
- This menu has a classic theme for the DVD
- On the front cover with James and the scene of The Runaway, Thomas was wearing Percy's tired face.
- James has a high whistle at the front.
- The back cover only lists George Carlin as the narrator, however, Ringo Starr narrated all of the episodes except Mavis, Edward's Exploit and Bulgy they were the only episodes narrated by George Carlin. but the episode after that was once again narrated by Ringo Starr.